A Virtual Tour: Myths and Legends of Transylvania, Romania
How to Join Virtual Tour: Myths and Legends of Transylvania, Romania Online with Live Oct 29, 2020, 05:00 PM in Eastern Time (the US and Canada)
Topic: Virtual Tour: Myths and Legends of Transylvania, Romania
Time: Oct 29, 2020, 05:00 PM in Eastern Time (the US and Canada)
Attendance is free, but tipping the tour guide is appreciated.
This Halloween Join our Romanian tour guide, Georgiana, for a virtual tour of Romania’s most mysterious region, Transylvania, as we explore its myths and legends, deeply rooted in the origin of this place and its people.
– Discover BRAN CASTLE, the intriguing location made popular by Bram Stoker as “Dracula’s fortress”. Find out who was the ruthless character who inspired Count Dracula, how he passed justice, and why he became so notorious all throughout Europe. Learn local folk stories of vampirism in the surrounding villages and how Romanians protect against “strigoi” – the undead spirits.
– Explore medieval towns and stroll through BRASOV and SIBIU
– Take a ride through the Saxon villages
– Visit SIGHISOARA, one of the last inhabited medieval citadels in the world
– Travel to CORVIN’S CASTLE, one of the most haunted castles in Europe
– Reach POENARI FORTRESS – the real lair of Vlad the Impaler
– And enjoy the region’s food and drinks.
Romania has a strong cultural influence and complex communities of minorities, so even the most seasoned traveler will not be disappointed!
Explore the eerie tales of Transylvania and remember have garlic or a silver cross with you, just in case we lose connection.